©2010


Friday, January 15, 2010

When the Weak Become Strong

She entered the gathering at it's peak of joviality-
an old enemy brandishing tools of destruction,
prepared for another victory. Standing in my rightful
place, I spot her.

A new sensation bolts awake, slicing through memories
of defeat. I see her fear! I smell her fear... taste and
feel it! She senses my presence and takes her weapon
from it's sheath.

Laughter erupts from my throat, disarming her.
Extending my hand, I lift her from her fear.

'Welcome to my victory party!'
_______________

~ Author's Note ~

Somewhere along the journey of life, I picked up a
sensitivity to the thoughtlessly harsh words spoken
by people. It's just been recently that I've had
a breakthrough.

To see beyond one's own fear, to understand that fear
itself is the real enemy, is a great victory, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and comments are welcomed,
thank you.