©2010


Sunday, February 14, 2010

None Greater


Terror contorted Garet's face as the king gripped his throat.
His power renowned, Garet had never been at the mercy
of the Great King. He deserved death. Decades of treason
sealed Garet's fate.

Releasing his iron grip, the King raised his right
hand, silencing the onlookers. Garet's heart
seized with fear.

'Crown this man with lovingkindness', the King demanded.
'Cloak him in robes of fellowship!'

A torrent of regret flooded Garet. 'My Lord, forgive me!
How could I have so misjudged you?'

The King lifted Garet, 'Kill a fatted calf... tonight
we rejoice! This our enemy is now destroyed!'

_______________

Author's Note~

Abe Lincoln inspires this entry with his quote:
'Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of
them?'

A blessed, meaningful Valentine's Day to my readers!

1 comment:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear writer,
How I cherish your art and the courage you have to publish it here and share. Thank you also for coming on Valentine's Day to wish me well! I wish you as well, love and peace, and the best of success with your writing! My husband and I are venturing out on our writing as well. It is so fun. Blessings to you, Anita

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and comments are welcomed,
thank you.